This is intended to explain the ways we collect and use your information when you browse or engage with our Platform, purchase tickets to events at the theatre, purchase or engage with other goods or services that we offer or otherwise interact with us. We also explain the different rights you have over your information.
In this Privacy and Cookies Statement, when we refer to “you” and “your” we mean you, the person using the Platform or attending an Event or otherwise interacting with us.
Who are we?
The Epstein Theatre limited is a 400 seat multipurpose venue in the heart of Liverpool City Centre that offers a wide variety of different productions and shows catering to people from all different age groups and demographics. Our company number is 07951086. We are a company incorporated in England and Wales and our registered address is Hanover House, 85 Hanover Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 3DZ.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
Information that we collect directly at box office
When you purchase a ticket at our box office our staff will ask you to provide us with details required to fulfil your order in case of cancellation of a show or any other changes. This would include first name, surname, age, date of birth, postal address, email and phone number. These details will be kept on file until the show has been and gone in order for us to contact you with any updates on it should the need arise.
When you purchase a ticket the member of staff will also ask you if you would like to be added to our database, if so then your first name, surname, age, date of birth, postal address, phone number and email address will be added to our data base. If you decline this option then said details will be deleted after the event for which you purchased tickets has finished. We may also ask for any additional information or proof of identity upon purchase such as if you have any special requirements (ie are in a wheel chair and need disabled access seating) or for an NUS card if purchasing a discounted student ticket. This information would also be stored but is subject to the requirements outlined above.
Information that we collect indirectly
If you contact us ether though our social media chancels, or by phone or email then we may choose to store your details in order to be able to contact you and have a record of the conversation in order to help us process and deal with it.
When you browse our website, information about your visit is collected and stored in our web server logs. As you navigate through the site the server logs stores the details and contents you request and stores your IP address and the date and time of your page requests.
This information may be collected by a third-party analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies. Further information on cookies can be found further below in the relevant section.
EMAIL ENGAGEMENT & RESPONSES
SOCIAL MEDIA AND INFORMATION YOU POST ONLINE
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM THIRD PARTIES
When you visit the theatre you may wish to log on to our free wifi and if you chose to do so you will be given the option of either logging in through your social media or by completing an online form. If you choose to use the form you will be given a clear breakdown of exactly what information is gathered, for more information on the company providing the wifi service please see their policy statement. If you choose to log in through social media then the information gathered on you will include the likes your profile name and will be in accordance with your privacy settings on that social media site. Please read the privacy policies and check your privacy settings of those social media sites to learn how they manage your information.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
Customer Service Purposes
• To keep in contact with you should there be any changes to the even for which you’ve bought tickets such as cancellations, postponements of changes to the line-up.
• Manage your entry to events, inclusive of age and identification verification, or where applicable, other applicable information in relation to your ticket including health and membership of various groups such as The National Union of Students.
• To contact you for feedback on your experience both before, during and after the event here and to see if there’s anyway that we can improve the experience of our customers here in the theatre.
We may contact you for the purpose of marketing upcoming events at the theatre using the following channels:
• Direct Mail (Post)
• Electronic Direct Mail (Email)
• And/or SMS.
We will of course give you the option of choosing which chances we use to contact you for the purposes of marketing and allow you to fully customise these.
We may use your information to enable us to enforce our legal rights, and/or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and/or other third parties.
YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED WITH
• Any other third parties where necessary to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or promoters, or where such disclosure is required by law.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES AND CONTRIBUTORS
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take every possible step both technologically and operationally to ensure that your data is kept safe and not vulnerable to exploitation or misuse. However digital transfers of information can never be 100% secure and as such we cannot completely guarantee the safety of your data.
HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP MY INFORMATION?
We keep your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with your ticket and the services you have requested from and in order to enforce or defend our legal rights, or subjected to and in accordance with any legal obligations to which we may be subject to comply with.
WHERE DO YOU STORE MY INFORMATION?
If we are to transfer your information to a country which is outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we’ll guarantee that it is protected in agreement with our commitments under the relevant data protection laws. This includes, if necessary, putting in place an obligatory contractual arrangement with any beneficiaries of your information outside the EEA.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES OVER THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You have the following rights with regards to the information that we hold about you. These rights can be exercised at any given time. You can:
• Ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes.
• Ask us to update and or correct any information that we hold about you that may be incorrect.
• Request access to the information that we hold about you.
To exercise these rights, please refer to the contact information contained within this policy.
We track the following two types of cookies:
• This cookie is used to track your “session”. It is not stored after you quit your browser. Without this cookie you would have to log on each time you visit a new page.
• This cookie is stored on your device. It provides you with preferences, settings and information for all your future visits to our website. In addition, this cookie can also be used to assess browsing behaviour.
Different types of cookies do different things, for example:
Absolutely necessary cookies
• This cookie is compulsory for the website to work properly.
• This cookie is used to identify you and your actions for the duration of your visit to the site. It is only stored temporarily and once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
Traffic Management Cookie
• This cookie is used to ensure the website operates smoothly, giving you the best possible experience by sharing our web traffic between multiple servers.
Cookie Options Cookie
• This cookie is used to save whether you agree to additional cookies being used, so that we can remember your privacy settings for your future visits to the site.
You can manage website cookies via your browser settings. These settings can be changed at any time by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies however if you do choose to change your settings, certain functions and features may not perform as efficiently as possible.
Further information on how to disable and delete cookies in commonly used can be found below
• Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
• Microsoft Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
• Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
• Apple Safari – https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
To find out more about cookies, here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preference: http://www.aboutcookies.org.
The names of the cookies used by our website and the purposes for which these cookies are used are:
|Adroll||Analytics Tracking||Third Party||Persistent|
|Facebook Pixel||Advertising Tracking||Third Party||Persistent|
|Google Analytics||Analytics Tracking||Third Party||Persistent|
|Google Adwords||Advertising Tracking||Third Party||Persistent|
|Advertising Tracking||Third Party||Persistent|
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or would like to contact us about this Privacy and Cookies Policy, please do so at the following:
Address: The Epstein Theatre Hanover House, 85 Hanover Street Liverpool, L1 3DZ
Email: [email protected]
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time. We will notifcy you of any changes by e-mail.
Last Modified: 10th May 2018